Today we got a new video showing the world’s fastest Golf 2 while it makes a speed record on the race track in front of its fans.
Before talking about the show made by this modified version of Golf in its second generation, we would like to remind you of the generations of the German hatchback, Volkswagen Golf:
- The first-generation Golf Mk1 was manufactured during the years 1974 and continued until 1983.
- The second-generation Golf Mk2 (seen in today’s video) was manufactured from 1983 until 1992.
- The third-generation Golf Mk3 was built during the years 1991 to 1998.
- The fourth-generation Golf Mk4 was produced from 1997 to 2005.
- The fifth-generation Golf Mk5, produced from 2006 until 2009.
- The sixth-generation Golf Mk6 was built from 2008 to 2012.
- The seventh Generation Golf Mk7 was produced from 2012 to 2019.
- The eighth and current generation Golf Mk8 was revealed in October 2019.
Watch the Video:
As we see in the video, the modified Volkswagen Golf MK2 managed to reach a speed of 340.58 km / h (211 mph) at the end of the half-mile dragstrip.
The information available to our team at ArabGT indicates that this old modified Golf car got crazy modifications, bringing its engine power to 1,300 hp, which means that it is more powerful than the speed legend Bugatti Chiron, which we previously test-drove in an episode of Special Coverage program.
The Volkswagen Golf MK2 could finish a quarter-mile dragstrip in 9.1 seconds at a speed of 280 km / h (174 mph), and it was able to cover 1/8 mile in 6.3 seconds at a speed of 220 km / h (137 mph).
According to what was published on the Internet, this Golf 2 we are talking about in this article is the fastest second-generation Volkswagen Golf.
Also See: One Of The Most Powerful Golf GTI Cars In The Arabian Gulf Is Our Star Today